Microsoft Forms: One of the Handiest Freebies in Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 is one of the most popular cloud platforms in the world, with about 345 million paid seats.
Users get a stable of over 20 different apps, including the core MS Office suite.
With so many different apps, it’s not uncommon for some to go unused.
Companies may not even be aware they have access to these other helpful tools.
One of the handiest apps you get with a Microsoft 365 subscription is Microsoft Forms.
What Is Microsoft Forms?
Microsoft Forms is a drag-and-drop form, quiz, and survey creator. It’s simple to use and allows you to send out surveys via a link. Recipients can fill out your form online from any device.
How to Get Started in Forms:
1. Visit Forms.office.com and log into your Microsoft account.
2. Choose “New Form” or “New Quiz: from the top menu
3. OR you can choose to explore the built-in templates
4. Click “Add New” to add a new form field. You can choose from field types:
- Choice (i.e., multiple-choice question)
- Likert (a scale that records attitudes/opinions about a topic)
- Net Promoter Score® (a scale from “not likely” to “extremely likely”)
- Section (separator that can include a title and image)
5. Enter your questions.
6. Once finished, click “Send” at the top. You can distribute the survey using the following options:
- Link to a web form
- QR code
- Embed in a web page
- Via Facebook or Twitter
7. View responses on the “Responses” tab
Advantages of Using Microsoft Forms
It’s Included in Microsoft 365 Subscriptions
If you already subscribe to Microsoft 365, then you automatically get access to MS Forms.
It Saves Time
No emailing attachments back and forth, and Forms collates survey responses automatically.
Get Charted Results
You can quickly see the results of the survey in meaningful graphs.
It’s Easy to Use
There’s a very low learning curve with Microsoft Forms. The interface is intuitive and simple, so just about everyone can jump in and start using it.
What Are Some Ways You Can Leverage Microsoft Forms?
- Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Employee Security Awareness Quiz
- Change Readiness Survey
- Event Registrations
- Volunteer Registration Form