Tech Tip Tuesday: Tips for Safer Home Security Setups
From Ring doorbell cams to entire home security systems, watching your front door from afar has never been so easy. These security solutions also provide peace of mind at a wallet-friendly cost.
But don’t let the ease of setup fool you. Home security devices can open your family up to risks if you don’t take precautions.
There are many horror stories online about hacked video cameras.
Don’t let that scare you off. You can properly secure a home video camera system to ensure it’s not breached.
Here are some tips:
- Make Sure Your Router is Secure
- Change the Default Username & Password
- Ensure the System Uses SSL/TLS Or Other Encryption
- Keep the Software Updated
- Consider Access Levels for Multiple Users
- Enable Camera Security Features
- Make Sure Your Mobile Device is Secure